1. Loving that I just got to cuddle with Eliza for almost an hour when she fell asleep on me after taking her bottle. That rarely happens anymore, and even more rarely am I an a place where I can rest and enjoy it.
2. Not liking the fact that I’ve had a headache for approximately two weeks. Tension headaches are evidently another normal first trimester thing that I missed out on with Eliza. Making up for that with a vengeance.
3. Loving my church, and my job leading worship. Loving the fact that this morning was a peaceful, worshipful experience.
4. Not liking that my refrigerator smells like fish.
5. Loving that I got to spend relaxing time with my family on Friday and Saturday, and that my sisters talked ALL the way through Batman Begins, so that even though we “watched” it on Friday, I was still able to borrow and watch it the next day and enjoy it with Matthew, who had been wanting to re-watch it for awhile. 🙂
6. Not liking the fact that Eliza is already sometimes blatantly disobedient. She’s ten months old and has already slapped me in the face when I told her no hitting! It was mischievous and not malicious, but still. Yikes.
7. Loving the fact that with this pregnancy, I am already so much more excited about the little person in there, as a person. I know that doesn’t make sense, but it’s just the way it is. With Eliza it was all so hypothetical, that right up to the point they laid her on my chest, I couldn’t fathom the fact there was actually going to be a baby. Like a baby baby.
8. Not liking the fact that I am 12 weeks and I am already showing. That’s why you know so early, by the way. Because I have a belly already.
9. Loving how Christian Bale talks in the Batman movies. He either bellows or whispers. I dare you to catch him speaking in a normal tone of voice.
10. Not liking…money stuff.
11. Loving my church. I know I already said that, but this time it’s because of the way people take care of each other. It’s not perfect, of course. It gets messy and feelings get hurt, and things get said that shouldn’t, but still, in a very real way, needs are being met and Jesus is being shown. I love it.
12. Loving the way Eliza dances, and puts on a show for anyone willing to watch and comment on how cute she is. It’s ridiculous.
13. Loving the fact that there will be siblings soon!
14. Loving the way Matthew is so encouraging to me. Wishing I could be the same to him.
15. Loving that, even though it is hard, and I’m discouraged, tired, and running on empty a lot of the time right now, my life is still full of things I love, more than things I don’t like. I just wish I would remember to think of them more, and be thankful.
16. Loving the fact that it is 7 o’ clock, and I am going to bed. Oh, I’ll read before I actually fall asleep. But I will not be moving from under my covers until tomorrow morning. Oh yeah.